1. Do not respond to any e-mail that asks for personal information from you, such as account number, credit card number, user names, passwords, etc. If you suspect that the e-mail, indeed, be legitimate, contact your bank or institution to verify this.
2. When in doubt, visit the Anti-Phishing Working Group for an update of the latest scams, and tips to avoid becoming a victim. The website’s URL is www.antiphishing.org
3. Websites like www.Paypal.com, www.citibank.com, and www.ebay.com, offer security tips and tell you what information they’d never ask for in an e-mail.
4. Get anti-virus software and keep it up-to-date.
5. If you suspect you have received a fraudulent e-mail, do not click on any links within it, and forward it to the FTC at uce@FTC.gov
Finally, if you suspect you’ve been a victim of this fraud, get a copy of your credit report immediately to check for unusual activity. If you discover that you’ve been a victim of identity theft, close your account at once and…
* Call the Credit Bureau.
* File a police report.
* Call the FTC ID theft hotline at 877IDTHEFT.
* Alert other financial institutions where you have accounts.
- Avoid Getting 'Hooked' By Phishers (1)
- Credit Card Users (1)
- CRIME RELATED TO COMPUTER NETWORK (1)
- CYBER CRIME INVESTIGATION AND PREVENTION (1)
- cyber crimes and children (1)
- Digital Signatures (1)
- Gmail Spam (1)
- INTRODUCTION TO COMPUTER (1)
- Keep you're PC Secure (1)
- protect yourself from scammers (1)
- STUDY ON CYBER CRIMES (1)
- The Menace of Cyber Crime (1)
- TO ESCAPE FROM PHISHING OF YOUR COMPUTER (1)
- Warning signs of a 419 Nigerian Advanced Fee Fraud Scam email (1)
- WHAT ARE COMPUTER VIRUSES (1)
- What is a firewall (1)
- WHAT IS A NETWORK (1)
- What is Cyber –terrorism (1)
- What is Cyber Crime (1)
- WHAT IS INTERNET (1)
- What is Intrusion Detection System (1)
- What is Phishing (1)
- What is Virtual Private Network VPN (1)
Watch out for “phishy” emails. The most common form of phishing is emails pretending to be from a legitimate retailer, bank, organization, o...
Children are a lot smarter than we always give them credit for. This is especially true when it comes to technological issues. Few could ar...
Credit Card Users In case of losing the credit card, lodge a complaint with the bank immediately. It will enable the bank to anno...
Digital Signatures It provides a method for employing digital signatures, which enable the recipient of the information to verify the a...
Introduction to Computers Today Information Technology is changing at a lightening, speed, by ripping of age-old beliefs. ...
In 1820, Joseph-Marie jacquard, a textile manufacturer in France , produced the loom. This device allowed the repetition of a series of...
What is a network? A network is a system that sends and receives data and messages enabling two or more computers communicated with each...
Cyber Crime: Cyber crime is an evil having its origin in the growing dependence on computers in modern life. The definition o...
Phishing is an attempt to criminally and fraudulently acquire sensitive information, such as usernames, passwords and credit card details, b...
A promise to share or transfer millions of dollars to you for your help or participation.(Out of 6 billion people in the world you were sing...